Sunday, May 2, 2010

Why God?

I'm sure all of us at one time or another have heard tragic, sad stories either in real life or on the news and have thought "Why God?" Why did that person or family get the short straw?

But lately, I've been looking at my blessed, full life and wondering the very same question: Why God? Why do we get to be so lucky?

I have so many people in my life that have either lost a baby shortly after birth, lost a baby in utero, or have not been able to have a baby at all. I know people who's family is touched by terminal illness and those who's parents have passed away way too early; People who are struggling to make ends meet and people who have lost jobs.

WHY NOT US?

I sure don't want to look the proverbial gift horse in the mouth, but it's almost like sometimes I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. When will it be our turn and what will it be? What horrible thing will effect our family that literally drops me to my knees and steals my breath away?

I'm not trying to be dramatic or morbid, but I just look around us and am continually amazed by how much God has given us; How much we have to be truly thankful for. Yes, my kids are noisy and rambunctious, but that's because they are physically ABLE to be! Yes, my kids are constantly yelling "Mommy! Mama! MOMMY!" because they need something, but they are HERE with me. Yes, my husband works long hours and is many times (understandably!) too exhausted at the end of the day to "hang out" with me, but he's got a secure job that he ENJOYS and he provides so well for us.

How blessed are we??

So this Sunday morning, as I sit at the computer while my 5 blessings are still sleeping, I am once again asking "Why God?" Although I'm quickly following it up with a "Don't change a thing God!" Life is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!!