Friday, July 8, 2011

37 Weeks - We are Full Term!!

How Far Along? 37 weeks

How I'm Feeling Overall: I have officially hit the "OK, any time now baby" part of pregnancy. I've been having lots of uncomfortable braxton hicks contractions and lots and lots of pressure. I've also hit the point of pregnancy where any bending over results in a rear end in my ribs and a head on my bladder. Therefore, bending over is avoided at all costs.

How your baby's growing: Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

Movement? Movement has definitely become less vigorous now that room is running out. Instead of full-body acrobatics, I feel smaller kicks and rolls. I have to say I miss the crazy movements from a couple weeks ago -- it's so fun to watch!

Food Cravings/Aversions? The sweet tooth is still hovering around. (Evidenced by the fact that I just cracked a bag of M&Ms.)

Symptoms: Lots of practice contractions, some back pain..... the ol' body's getting ready!!

Maternity Clothes? Up to this point, I haven't really worn maternity tops, but this week I noticed that my regular shirts are finally starting to not cover the bump all the way. Please excuse this small indiscretion as I refuse to haul out the maternity tops at this point. Thank you.

Weight gain? 28lbs. Hopefully we're nearing the end of the weight gain?

Sleep? Things are remaining status quo. I don't expect that to change for many months to come.  :)

Best Moment of the Week? Hitting the full-term mile marker. Even though I know I will probably still be hanging around past my due date, it just feels good to know that it "could" be any day now.

What I'm looking forward to?
Meeting baby!!! And I know this may sound crazy, but I am looking forward to the whole labor and birth experience. It will be a beautiful day.  :)

Emotions? Really anxious to get the show on the road! The kids are so excited too and keep asking when the baby is going to come. Oh, how I wish I had an answer for them. But someday soon.... I will! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!!