Sunday, July 5, 2009

Into the Mind of Mason

Lately, Mason has taken quite an interest in using the potty. Of course we are exploiting that to its fullest value! But, most recently, he has figured out how to exploit us right back!!

We give Mason a treat if he actually goes on the potty. He can't just sit, he has to actually go. Well, the little stinker has figured out that he gets more treats if he only goes a little bit at a time -- multiple times -- as opposed to letting it all out at once. So, he'll sit down and go, exclaim "Canny!!!", eat the Tootsie Roll, and no sooner than he's done chewing will he announce "Potty! 'gain!" And so it goes until his bladder is completely empty.

Right now, I'm indulging in his little game and letting him think I don't know what's going on, but I'm "so" on to him. I'm just taking a little time to strategically plan my next move. :)

I have to be on my "A-Game" all the time with this one. The other day, I noticed he had blue dots all over his leg from a marker. Knowing full well he put them there himself, I said "Oh-oh, who colored on your leg?" He rolled his eyes and said "Emmy." So, I call Emily into the room and giving Emily a wink I say, "Mason, who colored on your leg?" He pauses and says "Sammy." So, I proceed to call Samantha in to the room. I ask Mason again, "Who colored on your leg?" At this point, I expect him to say "Ben" and know that if he does, I won't be able to keep from laughing. But Mason is one step ahead of me again and he knows that Ben isn't big enough to commit this offense, so he sighs, looks at me with those big blue eyes, shrugs and says "I don't know Mama."

Although hours later, when I scrubbed at those little blue dots, he looked at me again with those big blue eyes and said "Sorry Mama."

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!!