I can't sleep.
I can't sleep because I don't want to waste a single minute of this weekend!
See, Ryan took the 3 older kids up north to see Grandma and Grandpa "Shipoke" this weekend, leaving me here with only Ben. Only 1 child!!! Do you know what this means? It means that the toys I put away after the kids left today will actually stay put away. The floors that I plan on sweeping and mopping tomorrow will not be littered with little people footprints 5 minutes later! I don't even have to cook if I don't want to! I won't need to refill sippy cups, referee an argument or remind kids to flush the toilet and wash hands ALL. WEEKEND. LONG.
Now, I suppose I am sounding like a mother who doesn't enjoy her job, but that is not the case at all. I am just reveling in the uncommon feeling of "ME-ness". What do I want to do with my time? How would I like to fill my day? To be honest, it's almost overwhelming. I feel almost schizophrenic in the possibilities... should I get some good cleaning done? Some weeding and yard work caught up? Or would I rather drink coffee on the porch and read a book while Ben naps? What about the scrapbook I meant to start but never did? (Or maybe tackle the closets I mentioned a few posts back! Ha ha!) I just can't stay focused on one thing at a time because I'm already thinking about what else I'd like to do.
The funny thing is, is that no matter how much I enjoy myself this weekend, I am absolutely positive that come Sunday night, I will be aching for my crew to come home. I know I will be waiting anxiously in the living room looking out at each passing car hoping it's them. And as they bound into the house with their muddy shoes and backpacks full of "stuff" to be put away and clothes to be laundered, I will be so thankful to have all of it back. All of THEM back.
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love hearing from you!!