When we're busy, we're OK. The mornings go smoothly, dinner time and bed time go very well. When we have a routine, we're fine. But when we are just home here by ourselves, most the time I have at least 2 of them crying at one time. So far, I haven't joined them though so that's a good thing.
I just feel so bad for the kids. I try and explain to them when Daddy is coming home and Ryan calls each night to talk to them, but I can tell they are all just out of sorts. It is impossible for them to understand why he's not coming home for so long.
But we've done some fun things together. I rented a movie for them last Friday night and we popped popcorn and sat down together and laughed at a Veggie Tales movie. Then on Saturday we went to the pet store to check out the animals and then I let them ride those little rides in the hallway of the Northland Mall. We were quite a noisy group, but I let them giggle and squeal till their hearts content. Tomorrow I think I'm going to take them to the Environmental Center and check out all the animals. Maybe we'll even get some snowman building in.
I think the below picture kind of sums up our last few weeks though. We are all exhausted and desperately clinging to one another for love and support. Come home soon daddy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love hearing from you!!