We are not adjusting well.
It has been 3 days now that we've had to get up early and be out the door by 8:00AM and by 7:00 at night, everyone has had it. Yesterday, I came home from work and from 3:00 on, I listened to at least 2 of the kids cry simultaneously all evening long. It was like they were tag teaming me; when one got tired from crying, 2 more jumped in to take their place. It was crazy.
So, at 7:00, I announced "jammies and clean-up", by 7:25 they were all in bed, and by 7:35 they were all sound asleep. I have never, ever, EVER looked so forward to bedtime as I did last night.
Today started out better... everyone was smiling and happy. But by 10:00 Mason was falling apart again already, and by the time Emily got home from school at 11:00, I couldn't wait for nap time.
So, that's where they all are... even Emily! I am enjoying a few minutes of quiet before the 3:00 hour comes and we start all over again. Right now I am in robot mode and just making it from one sleep time to the next. If I put it in that perspective, that I just have to make it through 5 hours at a time - give or take - it seems much more manageable.
One of these days hopefully everyone will adjust and we'll get used to the new schedule. But until then, I may have to invest in ear plugs. Or I might go by the old adage: If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love hearing from you!!