How I'm Feeling Overall: Good! I'm starting to hit the point though where you pause a second before you bend down to pick something up, thinking, "Does this REALLY need to be picked up? Who can I rope into bending over for me? Hmmm.... maybe if I just use my toes like this...."
How your baby's growing: Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
Movement? Yup, I'm definitely getting good swift kicks to the ribs... which of course means baby is head down and likes to rotate his sweet little noggin on my bladder.
Food Cravings/Aversions? Eh. I'd say I'm eating pretty normally. I've never craved anything strange like pickle juice.... don't think I ever will. Yuck! :)
Symptoms: Still lots of potty breaks. My hips hurt at night so I find myself flopping like a fish back and forth from side to side. And Ryan wonders why he's not sleeping good at night!
Maternity Clothes? I recently signed up the kids for swimming lessons.... yes even for the little guy which requires that I get in the water with him. I have no idea what I was thinking, especially since I don't own a maternity suit. I fear it will not be a pretty sight.
Weight gain? 22lbs. I am amazed at my body's consistency. I have kept track of my weight for all of my pregnancies and I am seriously within 2-3 pounds for ALL of my pregnancies. Week after week, I am pretty much where I was the other five times at the same point in pregnancy. It's crazy.
Sleep? Pretty disrupted, but it's just getting me warmed up for the newborn-sleep-deprivation-zombie-during-the-day phase.
Best Moment of the Week? Having the midwife show Ryan how to feel the baby's outline in my belly. She showed him how to find the head and the little butt. Ryan thought it was pretty cool.
Gender? ....whistling....
What I'm looking forward to? Pulling out all the baby stuff and getting the house ready to welcome our little one.
Emotions? I'm really excited. These next several weeks are going to fly by so I'm hoping that I continue to feel good enough to take the other kids on a couple fun excursions before baby comes.
You know, my body is amazingly consistent, too. And I have found that it doesn't matter what I do or don't do, the weight gain is the same! 30 weeks! Can't believe it's getting so close.
ReplyDelete