We've moved! We are officially at our new home and I am officially back online. Whew! What a long couple of weeks.... and even longer weekends for the 2 "old" guys (our dads) that helped us move both weekends. They have both informed us that we are never moving again. Thankfully, Ryan and I agree. There are just way more boxes stacked in the basement than any married couple of 8.5 years should have. Where have we accumulated so much STUFF??
The kids seems to be adjusting really well. There really doesn't seem to be any confusion about the fact that this is our new home and there hasn't been any sadness about leaving old bedrooms, yard, etc. The whole thing has surprised the heck out of me! I really was prepared to have 4 little munchkins sleeping on the floor of our room for a while, but thankfully, everybody is sleeping well.
I think it has been a harder adjustment for Ryan and I. I can't count the number of times I have cried about it; today is the first day I have not broken down in tears since we closed on April 8th. We left some really great friends behind and so many memories were created there. Not to mention all the sweat, blood and tears shed while remodeling and doing the backyard landscaping. Sigh. I keep telling myself it was "just a house" and the people I am with make anyplace a HOME, but it's still hard. I guess change in general is just hard.
On a totally unrelated note, it is snowing here. Yes, it is April 19th and we are supposed to get 6-9 inches of snow. To make matters worse, my children have just asked if they could watch the movie Frosty the Snowman.
Well, maybe that's a good thing. I have no idea what box the Easter decorations are in, but I'm pretty sure I know where to find the Christmas ones. Maybe we'll just skip right back to Christmas over here.
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love hearing from you!!